When it comes to interior lighting, bathrooms are probably given the least consideration of all the rooms in the house. In comparison to the kitchen or dining room say, the average person doesn’t think to invest as heavily in the bathroom. This feature will hopefully change your perspective on bathroom lighting by realising opportunities you have other than a singular ceiling and mirror light.
For most people the bathroom is the place we start and end our days. A lot of thought is required to create a versatile room to accommodate the correct mood for the particular time of day. For instance, ample vanity lighting is required for showering, shaving, brushing teeth and applying make up. However, would that same lighting be required after a long hard day at work when relaxing in a hot bath is high on the agenda? Probably not. At Flairlight Designs Ltd we offer a design plan and wide range of innovative lighting products that can make your bathroom achieve a different ambience for a particular mood.
At least 10% of bathroom light should be natural light. Different types of fittings should be used to compliment the natural light to achieve desired effects. Ambient lighting provides a general all-over illumination, while accent and decorative lighting help highlight architectural detail and set atmosphere and mood.
Things to consider:
- Vertical mounted lights either side of the mirror are best for casting light across the face. Down lights cast shadows
- Wall lights are highly effective
- Up lights around the bath
- Different coloured niche lights around the bath are a good feature to give the room mood and warmth
- Putting mood lighting on a dimmer will allow your eyes to adjust first thing in the morning, while also helping you wind down at night
- Colour temperature of light
- Decorative lighting will add visual sparkle
To view our range of bathroom products go to ‘Products by Application‘ and search bathroom & en-suite.
For a quote or any queries you may have call sales on 01372 888455
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org